Contact

markdixo@gmail.com

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Newark UD visit







Went to the University of Delaware, where Kelly and I met and went to school, yesterday. The town has changed a lot. A ton more restaurants and the Stone Balloon closed. It was a great time. I forgot how beautiful the campus is, classical architecture with huge flat lawns to lounge and look at the buildings. And then the critically criticized Trabant Student Center (Venturi) which I love. It makes me laugh because of all the people it pissed off when it was built.
We stopped at the bookstore, the National 5 & 10, and Margherita's Pizza (amazing NY style pizza). Charlotte got a little fussy so we had to head home a little early. Oh well, I'm sure we'll visit again soon, its only an hour drive.


Trabant Student Center


Gore Hall


Old College

No comments: